- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 12 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 14 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 26 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 74 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 74 days ago
1996 Nissan Altima
Worst 1996 Altima electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- camshaft position sensor wiring1
- stalls out while driving1
- won't shift out of park1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood2
- NHTSA: Electrical System1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.