- October 16: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Opened investigations | 1 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 11 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 24 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 35 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 52 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
2.4hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 63,400 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.