- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 8 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 21 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 32 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 49 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 55 days ago
Nissan Recall : Secondary Hood Latch May Bind And Not Latch
2015 Nissan Altima
If the primary latch is inadvertently released and the secondary latch is not engaged, the hood could unexpectedly open while driving, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Hood — Latch
- Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Nissan Altima vehicles manufactured March 1, 2013, to December 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the secondary hood latch may bind and remain in the unlatched position when the hood is closed.
- Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will be instructed to modify the bend angle of the hood actuation lever to eliminate potential interference with the hood inner panel. In addition, dealers will clean and lubricate the latch joint as needed. If significant corrosion is observed, the latch assembly will be replaced. This repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began March 31, 2015. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 14V-565.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - TSB
- Recall 573 Report - Rev 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - NTB15-023 March 26, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.