- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 15 days ago
- August 10: Nissan Rogue Automatic Braking Problems: 1,400 Complaints news | 40 days ago
- July 22: Recall: Nissan LEAF Backup Camera Not Working recalls | 59 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 73 days ago
- July 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 76 days ago
Nissan TSB #PC490 - 2013-16
2015 Nissan Altima
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE
- CVT Reprogramming Voluntary Service Campaign ***** Campaign Summary***** Nissan is conducting a voluntary service campaign on approximately 1,657,666 specific MY2013-16 Altima (L33) and MY2014-16 Rogue (T32) vehicles to reprogram the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) software. Under specific driving conditions, hydraulic pressure may decrease and result in belt slip within the CVT. This may result in MIL illumination (P0776) and poor acceleration in some vehicles. There is no safety concern due to built-in fail-safe logic. Nissan is proactively reprogramming the CVT to prevent durability concerns and high out of warranty repair costs for owners. ***** What Dealers Should Do ***** 1. Verify if vehicles are affected by this Voluntary Service Campaign using Service Comm I.D. PC490. 2. Dealers are requested to repair any affected vehicles in dealer new or pre-owned inventory to ensure customer satisfaction. 3. Dealers should use NTB16-121 to correct any vehicles subject to this campaign. 4. Once repaired, dealers should submit the claim, using the claims coding provided, and release the vehicle.
Click a tab for more information.