- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated recalls | 8 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 25 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 31 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 31 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 34 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
2004 Nissan Maxima Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerks When Shifting170
- Transmission Failure36
- Transmission Slips21
- Excessively High Rpm's3
- Transmission Knocks3
- Park On A Hill And It Gets Locked In Park2
- Stuck In Gear2
- Surges Forward When Not In Drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission601
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.