- December 20: Nissan Titan Recall Issued After 'Thermal Incident' recalls | 35 days ago
- December 11: Nissan Sentra Recall Ordered For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 44 days ago
- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 84 days ago
2004 Nissan Maxima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
2004 Nissan Maxima Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerks When Shifting170
- Transmission Failure36
- Transmission Slips21
- Excessively High Rpm's3
- Transmission Knocks3
- Park On A Hill And It Gets Locked In Park2
- Stuck In Gear2
- Surges Forward When Not In Drive1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission601
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Maxima Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Maxima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Maxima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Maxima.