- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 8 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 24 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 43 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 51 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 169 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (70 reports)
- not sure (63 reports)
- replace valve body (21 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- replace crankshaft position sensor (3 reports)