- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 55 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 59 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 60 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 68 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 168 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (70 reports)
- not sure (63 reports)
- replace valve body (20 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- replace crankshaft position sensor (3 reports)