- July 19: Nissan Recalls Titan Trucks Due To Alternator Wire Harnesses recalls | 2 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Prevails in Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- June 11: Nissan Altima CVT Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 40 days ago
- May 31: Nissan Altimas Recalled For Risk of Fires recalls | 51 days ago
- May 12: Appeals Court Upholds $25 Million Verdict Against Nissan news | 70 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 170 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (71 reports)
- not sure (63 reports)
- replace valve body (21 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- replace crankshaft position sensor (3 reports)