- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 0 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 8 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 38 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 46 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 2 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 168 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (70 reports)
- not sure (63 reports)
- replace valve body (20 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- replace crankshaft position sensor (3 reports)