- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 14 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 21 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 24 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 35 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 2 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,714 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 167 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (69 reports)
- not sure (62 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (19 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)