- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 7 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 9 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 21 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 69 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 69 days ago
Jerks When Shifting
2004 Nissan Maxima (Page 3 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2004-2006 Nissan Maxima has widespread transmission problems. It starts with the vehicle jerking when shifting, & progresses to full-blown transmission failure.
Maxima owners report spending $3,000 to replace the transmission, typically around when the odometer hits 100,000 miles.
There's a class action lawsuit filed in late 2011, & it is still in the "discovery" stage. Apparently, these things take time ... far too much time.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 107,922 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 164 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (68 reports)
- not sure (61 reports)
- the transmission valve body needs replacing (18 reports)
- replace broken motor mounts (6 reports)
- replace about 3/4 of your transmission fluid - NOT FILTER (3 reports)
- the errors were- 1.) faulty crankshaft position sensor, 2.) (3 reports)