- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 51 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 55 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 56 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 64 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Rear: Springs: Leaf Spring Assembly: Leaf Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 1,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.