- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 20 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 24 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Rear: Springs: Leaf Spring Assembly: Leaf Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 1,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.