- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 15 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 17 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 21 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 22 days ago
- November 15: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued For Risk of Fires recalls | 24 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 113,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 144 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (90 reports)
- not sure (19 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (4 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (2 reports)