- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 23 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 27 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 28 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 36 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 140 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (90 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (3 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (1 reports)