- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 23 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 42 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 50 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 141 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (90 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (18 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (3 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (1 reports)