- March 13: 2020 Nissan Versa Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 20 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 39 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 45 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 78 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 113,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 145 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (91 reports)
- not sure (19 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (4 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (2 reports)