- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 5 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 11 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,885 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 140 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (90 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (3 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (1 reports)