- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 19 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 36 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 45 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2007 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 112,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 142 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission and radiator (90 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (18 reports)
- replace radiator and flush transmission (9 reports)
- rebuild transmission/replace radiator (4 reports)
- replace radiator, possible transmission (1 reports)