- April 14: Toyota Bluetooth Echo Class Action Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- April 14: Government Investigates Passenger Airbag Recalls investigations | 32 days ago
- April 13: Toyota Venza Airbag Recall Involves 360,000 SUVs recalls | 33 days ago
- March 12: Toyota RAV4 Class Action Lawsuit Filed After Fires news | 65 days ago
- March 1: Toyota RAV4 Fires Originating At 12-Volt Batteries investigations | 76 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2009 Toyota Camry (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 4 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 45,593 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.