- May 13: 2015 Chevrolet Colorados and GMC Canyons Losing Power Steering investigations | 9 days ago
- May 8: Corvette Cracked and Bent Wheels Cause Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- May 5: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 17 days ago
- May 3: GM Engine Block Heater Cord Recall Affects 364,000 Diesel Trucks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 29: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Blames Aluminum Driveshafts news | 23 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 45,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
body / paint problem