- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 0 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 5 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 23 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 27 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 48 of 58)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 69 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 129 / 3
- Average Mileage:
- 61,997 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.