- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 11 days ago
- February 27: Chevy Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit Targets 2010-2017 Models news | 20 days ago
- February 21: Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Overheating Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- February 20: GM Duramax Lawsuit Continues For Silverado and Sierra Owners news | 27 days ago
NHTSA — Steering Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 58)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 69 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 129 / 3
- Average Mileage:
- 61,737 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.