- August 13: GM Air Conditioning Class-Action Lawsuit Claims Systems Fail news | 1 days ago
- August 4: GM Diesel Lawsuit Continues Over Duramax Emissions news | 10 days ago
- July 25: General Motors Takata Airbag Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 20 days ago
- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 29 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 41 days ago
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt
Wheels / Hubs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt Wheels / Hubs Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cobalt Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Cobalt compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cobalt overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cobalt.