- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 11 days ago
- October 7: Ford Bronco Recall Issued Over Airbag Failures recalls | 12 days ago
- October 2: Ford Fusion Transmission Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- September 30: Ford Mustang Backup Camera Not Working, Alleges Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 29: More Than 126,000 Ford Explorers Recalled Over Rear Suspensions recalls | 20 days ago
1999 Ford Contour
5 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1999 Ford Contour
Official recalls have been issued for the 1999 Ford Contour by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
The nuts included in the packaging for these ball joint assemblies are missing the intended prevailing torque (self-locking) feature. If the incorrect nut was to become loose, the joining members may loosen leading to a separation of the ball joint. This may result in loss of vehicle control, possibly resulting in a ... Read more »
Loss of brake fluid can lead to a decrease in brake line pressure and an increase in stopping distance, which can result in a vehicle crash. Read more »
If the grommet is damaged, fuel could leak. Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire. Read more »
If both PCRV's malfunction, vehicle handling could be adversely affected during braking as a result of the rear wheels locking, increasing the risk of a crash. Read more »
This could result in a crash and possible personal injury. Read more »