- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 4 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 8 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 11 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 18 days ago
- December 28: Ford Transmissions That Suddenly Downshift Under Investigation investigations | 25 days ago
2016 Ford Focus Electric
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Ford Focus Electric
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Ford Focus Electric by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Ford service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Ford customer service.
2016 Ford Focus Electric POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DIFFERENTIAL UNIT NHTSA Campaign #16V479000
Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Ford Focus Electric vehicles manufactured August 20, 2015, through April 13, 2016. The transmission's differential pinion gear shaft may overheat and fracture.
Consequence: A fractured pinion shaft could cause a loss of motive power and loss of the transmission park function, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission differential assembly, free of charge. Remedy parts are currently unavailable. Ford mailed interim notices to owners on July 28, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S28. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V479000 »