- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 23 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 42 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 45 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 46 days ago
- August 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 48 days ago
2001 GMC Sonoma
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2001 GMC Sonoma
Official recalls have been issued for the 2001 GMC Sonoma by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local GMC service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call GMC customer service.
2001 GMC Sonoma SEAT BELTS NHTSA Campaign #00V228003
Summary: Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles, light duty trucks, sport utility vehicles, and mini vans equipped with TRW seat belt buckle assemblies. The buckle base of these seat belt assemblies were not properly heat treated and therefore do not pass the load bearing requirement of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 209, "seat belt assemblies."
Consequence: In the event of a vehicle crash, the occupant may not be properly restrained.
Actions: Dealers will inspect the vehicle's safety belt buckle assembly date codes and, if necessary, will replace any safety belt buckle assembly. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #00V228003 »