- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 6 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 17 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 30 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 38 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 49 days ago
Clear Coat Separating From Paint
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 102,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- honda dealer refused to fix (5 reports)
- repaint (2 reports)
body / paint problem