- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 7 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 11 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 13 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 61 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 69 days ago
2005 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
2005 Honda Accord Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure65
- Delay In Shifting Gears4
- Stutters From 1st To 2nd Gear4
- Axle Seals Broke3
- Transmission Fluid Leaking3
- Vibrating At Certain Speeds3
- Won't Shift Into 3rd Gear3
- Intermittent Disengage While Driving2
- Noise From Transmission While Shifting2
- Shift Solenoid Failure2
- Hesitation In Overdrive1
- Will Not Engage1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission37
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.