- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 39 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 42 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- September 4: Honda Agrees to $605 Million Takata Airbag Settlement news | 49 days ago
- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 63 days ago
2005 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,841 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 65 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (58 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- change torque converter (2 reports)
- rebuild transmission (1 reports)
- replace torque converter (1 reports)