- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 4 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 15 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 28 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 36 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 47 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2013 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2013 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 43,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 42 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace oil ring pistons (3 reports)
- money refunded or car replaced (1 reports)