- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 16 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 20 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 35 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 41 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 48 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2013 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2013 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 48,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 53 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (45 reports)
- replace oil ring pistons (5 reports)
- money refunded or car replaced (2 reports)
- changed to different type engine oil (1 reports)