- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 16 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 28 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls Civics and CR-Vs to Fix Steering Problems recalls | 28 days ago
2014 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.
For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.
Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.
2014 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption23
- Engine Has A Delayed Response To Throttle10
- Engine Won't Start10
- Engine Surges When Applying Brakes8
- Hesitation At Acceleration4
- Engine Rattle At Cold Start3
- Engine Stalls/Dies While Driving3
- Check Engine Light On2
- Fuel Leaking Into Crankcase2
- Whining Noise2
- Cold Engine Surges Until Warmed Up1
- No Screen Over The Air Intake Port1
- NHTSA: Engine64
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control25
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Hybrid Propulsion System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.