- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 4 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 12 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 23 days ago
- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 35 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
2016 Honda Fit
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Honda Fit
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Honda Fit by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Honda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Honda customer service.
2016 Honda Fit AIR BAGS:SIDE/WINDOW, STRUCTURE NHTSA Campaign #15V697000
Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Fit LX-trim vehicles manufactured April 11, 2014, to July 02, 2015 and not equipped with a sunroof. In the affected vehicles, the rear grab handle brackets were not manufactured properly, and as a result, the brackets may puncture the side curtain air bags upon their deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 214, "Side Impact Protection" and number 226, "Ejection Mitigation".
Consequence: If the side curtain air bags are punctured upon deployment, the outboard seat occupants may be at a higher risk of injury during a crash.
Actions: Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear grab handle bracket, free of charge. The recall began on December 18, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JV8. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V697000 »