- June 23: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Says Systems Crash and Freeze news | 2 days ago
- May 29: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Issued For Water Pumps recalls | 27 days ago
- May 29: Acura and Honda Vehicles Recalled Again Over Takata Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- May 28: Honda Civic and CR-V Oil Dilution Warranties Extended news | 28 days ago
- May 23: 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled After 3 Drivers Injured By Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
Honda Recall JV7: Improper Software To Module FMVSS 126,135,138
2016 Honda Pilot
If a safety system cannot immediately warn the driver when needed, the driver may be at increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Honda Pilot 2WD vehicles manufactured May 4, 2015, to September 8, 2015 and 2016 Pilot 4WD vehicles manufactured May 7, 2015 to September 4, 2015. In the affected vehicles, when one of the safety systems such as tire pressure monitoring, anti-lock braking or electronic stability control malfunctions, there is potential that the instrument panel will not illuminate the corresponding warning light, however the warning lamps will illuminate when the ignition is turned off and then turned back on. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic stability control systems", number 135, "Light vehicle brake systems" and number 138, "Tire pressure monitoring systems".
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster software, free of charge. The recall began on December 11, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JV7.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-073 October 16, 2015 02593 Version 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - November 6, 2015 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Pilot Combi Meter Software Updates-Q&A
- 2016 Pilot FCAN Bus Communication Failure Non-Compliance Recall Q&A
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Miscellaneous Document
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.