- October 9: Recall: 2019 Honda CR-V Owner's Manual Has Wrong Info recalls | 5 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 58 days ago
- August 8: Model Year 2019 Honda CR-Vs Recalled For Fire Risk recalls | 67 days ago
Honda Recall JV7: Improper Software To Module FMVSS 126,135,138
2016 Honda Pilot
If a safety system cannot immediately warn the driver when needed, the driver may be at increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Honda Pilot 2WD vehicles manufactured May 4, 2015, to September 8, 2015 and 2016 Pilot 4WD vehicles manufactured May 7, 2015 to September 4, 2015. In the affected vehicles, when one of the safety systems such as tire pressure monitoring, anti-lock braking or electronic stability control malfunctions, there is potential that the instrument panel will not illuminate the corresponding warning light, however the warning lamps will illuminate when the ignition is turned off and then turned back on. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic stability control systems", number 135, "Light vehicle brake systems" and number 138, "Tire pressure monitoring systems".
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster software, free of charge. The recall began on December 11, 2015. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is JV7.
- Documents (15)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Service Bulletin 15-073 October 16, 2015 02593 Version 1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - November 6, 2015 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2016 Pilot Combi Meter Software Updates-Q&A
- 2016 Pilot FCAN Bus Communication Failure Non-Compliance Recall Q&A
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Defect 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Miscellaneous Document
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
Click a tab for more information.