- November 27: Honda Recalls Accord, CR-V, Insight and Ridgeline recalls | 1 days ago
- November 23: Honda Sunroof Shattered, Class Action Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- November 15: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 13 days ago
- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 49 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 53 days ago
Honda Recall X6J: Incomplete Body Welding
2019 Honda Pilot
In the event of a crash, incomplete body welding may provide inadequate protection to occupants, increasing the risk of an injury.
Structure — Body
- Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Pilot and 2019 Passport vehicles. The front frame left and right side upper members may not have been welded completely to the unibody. As such, these vehicles may fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 208, "Occupant Crash Protection" and 219, "Windshield Zone Intrusion."
- Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicle for missing welds, free of charge. If the vehicle is identified as missing welds, the dealer will offer to repurchase the vehicle or provide a similar replacement vehicle. Owner notification began November 6 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda's number for this recall is X6J.
- Documents (7)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - November 1, 2019 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2019 Passport and 2019-2020 Pilot Body Welds Missing
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document - Press release - 19V784
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.