- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 3 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 29 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 56 days ago
- December 19: Kia Sorento Recalled to Replace Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 65 days ago
- December 13: Kia Forte Brake Light Switch Recall Issued recalls | 71 days ago
2011 Kia Forte
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2011 Kia Forte
Official recalls have been issued for the 2011 Kia Forte by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Kia service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Kia customer service.
2011 Kia Forte POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:COOLING UNIT AND LINES NHTSA Campaign #16V070000
Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2011 Forte vehicles manufactured August 27, 2010, to November 11, 2010. The affected vehicles have a transmission fluid cooler hose that may have been improperly manufactured, resulting in a transmission fluid leak.
Consequence: If enough transmission fluid leaks out, the transmission may not function properly and the vehicle may stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission cooler hose, free of charge. The recall began March 30, 2016. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC129. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V070000 »