- January 20: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7, CX-9, RX-8 and B-Series For Takata Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 5 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 23 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 26 days ago
- December 24: Mazda B-Series Trucks Recalled Again to Replace Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
2014 Mazda MAZDA2
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA2
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Mazda MAZDA2 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Mazda service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Mazda customer service.
2014 Mazda MAZDA2 STEERING NHTSA Campaign #16V203000
Summary: Mazda North American Operations (Mazda) is recalling certain model year 2016 CX-3 vehicles manufactured June 1, 2015, to December 2, 2015, 2013-2014 Mazda2 vehicles manufactured July 3, 2013, to August 8, 2014, 2014-2016 CX-5 vehicles manufactured January 19, 2013, to December 2, 2015, and 2013-2015 CX-9 vehicles manufactured December 6, 2012, to July 31, 2015. The lower mounting nuts and bolts that attach the front strut assembly to the steering knuckle may loosen, allowing the steering knuckle to separate.
Consequence: If the steering knuckle separates from the strut assembly, it can cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Mazda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the lower mounting nuts and bolts that secure the front strut assembly to the steering knuckle. If the bolts are loose, they will be replaced and then correctly tightened, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 20, 2016. Owners may contact Mazda customer service at 1-800-222-5500. Mazda's number for this recall is 9316D. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V203000 »