- June 11: Nissan Altima CVT Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 14 days ago
- May 31: Nissan Altimas Recalled For Risk of Fires recalls | 25 days ago
- May 12: Appeals Court Upholds $25 Million Verdict Against Nissan news | 44 days ago
- May 1: Nissan Recalls Altimas To Fix Everlasting Brake Lights and Rollaways recalls | 55 days ago
- April 21: Suzuki Recalls 2 Million Cars in Japan Over Safety Inspections news | 65 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine Problems
2002 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 9)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 7
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 76,816 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.