- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 8 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 24 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 33 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 52 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 0 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.