- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 13 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 15 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 27 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 75 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 75 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- tranmission problems4
- transmission failure3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.