- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 1 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 14 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 30 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 49 days ago
NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems
2003 Nissan Altima (Page 2 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 8 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 60,315 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.