- November 21: Nissan Titan 5.0 Cummins Engine Reliability Questioned investigations | 13 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- November 7: Feds Warn: Aftermarket Steering Wheel Decal Blinds Driver news | 27 days ago
- November 4: Nissan Z Cars Recalled Over Hood Issues recalls | 30 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Ariya Recall Involves Nearly 11,000 SUVs recalls | 57 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
2006 Nissan Altima Transmission Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.