- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 7 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 16 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace transmission (5 reports)
- rebuild transmission (2 reports)