- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Rogue AEB Malfunctions Should Be Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- February 27: 2019 Nissan Altimas Recalled For Possible Fuel Leaks recalls | 27 days ago
- February 20: 2009 Nissan Murano Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Problems recalls | 34 days ago
- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 39 days ago
Transmission Slips And Jerks
2006 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine & transmission problems.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem. The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
The 2006 Altima also has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at over $2,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 24 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace transmission (5 reports)
- rebuild transmission (2 reports)