- February 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Leak Problems Cause Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- February 11: Nissan Rogue CVT Class Action Lawsuit: Jerking and Lurching news | 25 days ago
- January 28: Recall: Nissan Pathfinder Brake Lights Stay On recalls | 39 days ago
- December 20: Nissan Titan Recall Issued After 'Thermal Incident' recalls | 78 days ago
- December 11: Nissan Sentra Recall Ordered For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 87 days ago
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
2005 Nissan Pathfinder Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Timing Chain Issue(S)6
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving5
- Timing Chain Tensioner/Guide Failure5
- Engine Turns Over, But Will Not Start4
- Service Engine Light On3
- Timing Belt Broke3
- Camshaft Chain Tensioner Rattle2
- Engine Cuts Out At Low Speeds2
- Serpentine Belt Tensioner, Pulley Failure2
- Engine Runs Rough1
- Head Gasket Failure1
- Oil Pressure Low1
- PCV Valve Not Working1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling171
- NHTSA: Engine140
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine17
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Belts And Associated ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.