- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 5 days ago
- October 12: BMW Recalls X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Over Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 39 days ago
- September 10: BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen in German Crosshairs news | 40 days ago
2015 BMW i8
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 BMW i8
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 BMW i8 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2015 BMW i8 ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL NHTSA Campaign #15V882000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2015 i8 vehicles manufactured May 29, 2015, to June 5, 2015. Improperly drilled holes within the Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) hydraulic unit may restrict one or more pistons impairing the DSC functions, including braking.
Consequence: Impaired DSC functionality may negatively impact vehicle handling and braking and increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the DSC hydraulic unit, and replace if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on February 8, 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V882000 »