- December 1: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 3 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 11 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 16 days ago
- November 17: Chevy Corvette Cracked Rims Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages Problems
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Cobalt continued to carry the torch first lit by the 2005 model year. To be clear, that torch is burning bright with widespread power steering issues, electrical curiosities and a dangerous ignition switch defect which led to a massive recall by GM. This isn’t a great torch to carry.
The 2006 added it’s own special flare with gas leaks due to cracks in the “return portion of the modular reservoir assembly.” A recall of 2006 Cobalts was issued to fix the problem, but only to vehicles sold in or current registered in Arizona and Nevada, leaving other owners to pay for repairs themselves.
Between this car stalling while driving, giving owners fits with power steering failure and having it be a potential tinderbox because of gas leaks, we felt we had no other option than to award it our “Avoid Like the Plague” badge.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 66,934 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - exterior problem