- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 3 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 21 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 22 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 25 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 29 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Software Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Cobalt inherited most of the problems from the 2005 and 2006 model years, but toned them down (a bit). Sure, the power steering still fails and the car has a chance of going up in flames due to a cracked fuel tank, but it’s not as prevalent as the older models. At least not yet.
In 2012, the Cobalt was recalled for gas tank fires but only for owners in certain states.
Then in 2014, the 2007 Cobalt was part of a massive GM recall due to a defective ignition switch that could cause the airbags to not deploy during an accident. The problem led to 13 deaths, government investigations and multiple class-action lawsuits.
1.4hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 127,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.