CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.

For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.

Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.

2014 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Accord

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 25 mph, the frontal driver side air bag deployed without impact. The contact lost control of the vehicle and crashed on to a utility pole. The police was present and a report was filed number: 18007031. The contact went to the hospital taken by a family member, treated and released. The vehicle was towed to an impound lot. The insurance company labeled the vehicle destroyed. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for a diagnostic. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 67,900.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Accord

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving at 20 mph, the air bags deployed without impact. As a result, the contact then crashed into a cement street light due to not being able to view the roadway. The contact sustained some fractured ribs, a concussion, fractured some teeth and injured their face/neck/chest/back. Medical attention was required. Their was no one else in the vehicle with the contact. Their was no other vehicle involved. A police report was filed. The vehicle was deemed totaled by the insurance company. The contact called Honda escondido (1700 auto park way N, escondido, ca 92029 (760) 706-7554) and provided no assistance. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The crash was not related to any recall. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Ocean Side, CA, USA

Accord

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving 25 mph in a residential area, the air bag deployed without warning or an impact. The air bag knocked the contact unconscious. When the contact woke up, the vehicle had crashed into a street pole. The other air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained broken teeth, a back injury, neck and knee pains, and a gash on her forehead. Medical attention was received. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed. The contact's insurance company deemed the vehicle totaled. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not assist the dealer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Ocean Side, CA, USA

Apr 292019

Accord

Not sure if this is a "takata recall." Auto accident on major interstate, breaking and moving about 10-15 mph when vehicle was struck various times. The vehicle was struck in the rear driver side, then took a front strike with the vehicle in front while also receiving a driver side hit along the door, rearview mirror area, and front tire. The vehicle then was pushed into a guardrail from strikes to the car in the upper front and side region of the drivers side. No airbags deployed during the accident or after, though equipped with several airbag locations. The seatbelt remained moveable and did not tense/lock up.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Apr 142019

Accord

The air bag deployed after colliding with another vehicle in motion on a city street. Injuries sustained include burns and lacerations to face between eyes, forehead, above upper lip and on lower lip.

- Belchertown, MA, USA

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving 25 mph, the driver's side air bag exploded without warning or impact. The contact sustained injuries to the head, shoulders, ribs and chest that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard and deemed destroyed. Honda of escondido in escondido, California was made aware of the failure, but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. *

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Accord 4-cyl

2014 Honda Accord. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to airbag failure during accident.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 012014

Accord

Seatbelt been broken since I bought car. Im noticing more and more problems with this car.I believe I was sold a lemon.when passanger seat belt is fastened, light comes on notifying me that passanger air bag is not on. There is no way to make it come on. And seatbelt does not stay secured, it keeps coming unfastened.very dangerous for my passengers.I want my money back for this car, nothing but problems

- Belle Vernon, PA, USA

Dec 182017

Accord

Contact gillman Honda in houston, Texas regarding takata airbag inflators recall. I was informed by the dealerships saying such recall is not existing for my vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 202017

Accord

I was hit on the driverside door by a freight truck. The airbags did not deploy. Banged my head on the side of the door.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Apr 062017

Accord

Takata recall. I had a fender bender and the airbags did not deploy. I hit someone from the back. I was moving.

- Lavergne, TN, USA

Dec 042017

Accord

Was not notified of the airbag recall at all!

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Aug 172017

Accord

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact's vehicle was traveling North and was struck on the front passenger side by another vehicle. The front driver side air bag did not deploy. The front passenger side air bag deployed. There were no injuries. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent auto body shop and deemed destroyed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and the contact was informed that there were no open recalls related to the air bags. The manufacturer did not offer additional assistance. The dealer was not contacted. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 062017

Accord

I want this piece of💩 fixed once and for all, I will never buy another Honda again, I will also pass the word Honda is absolute garbage, if you know what's good for you better reply very quickly, or it won┐T be pretty, bunch of morons!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 022017

Takata recall

- Rochester, NY, USA

Oct 162017

Accord

The air bag exploded on the collision on a street and caused severe burns on her hands. Please see the pictures below. This is causing her immense pain and trauma and she is having trouble performing day to day activities. The injuries she suffered because of the airbag were more than the actual collision. This is causing her to go in depression and she is scared of the airbag, more than anything now. The car is beyond repair and is being salvaged by the insurance company.

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Sep 302017

Accord

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 25 mph, there was an abnormal noise and the passenger side air bag independently deployed without warning or impact. A police report was not filed. The contact sustained injuries to the right arm and neck, which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was later towed to an unknown dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but did not offer any assistance. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 302017

Takata recall

- Keller, TX, USA

Jun 022017

Accord

As I made a right turn to the parking spot with my right foot on the pedal I slowed down to 2-3 mph with foot still on the brake. At about 1-2 feet from the concrete retaining wall limiting the parking spot I pressed on the brake for the final stop. Car accelerated wildly and hit the concrete retaining wall ahead. My foot had never left the brake. Air bags did not inflate. The vehicle was in motion 2-3 mph, on a parking lot. Acceleration happened when I was breaking.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Jun 062016

Accord

Takata recall:my car was hesitating when accelerating from a stop. I stopped and turned the car off only for about 5 minutes, I got back in, turned the car on and it wouldn't start. I was on a city St, so I walked to auto mechanic shop, got a jump, it started up after 5 to 10 minutes. The next day, the same thing happen. I called Honda, got someone to jump start the car, drove to Honda, left the car for 2 days. Honda called me stating that the battery was good, but the sensors were bad and needed to be replaced. They replaced the sensors, charged me $160. I picked up the car, drove it home, then 2 days later, the car died out again. I called Honda again, they told me to bring the car in. I got the car jumped in order to take it back to Honda. This time, I left the car there for 3 days. They told me this time that the battery was bad and wanted me to pay for a battery. I refused to pay for a battery, sent the manager an email in reference to the findings that they said was wrong with the vehicle because in the begining, they told me that it was nothing wrong with the battery and now I paid for the sensor and the car still cut off. Did I really need the sensors or was it the battery in the first place? they replaced the battery at no charge..

- Hazelcrest, IL, USA