CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013-2014 Honda Accord is showing signs of an electrical problem with the starter failing soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. It's compounded by reports that the OEM battery doesn't have sufficient amps to start the V6 reliably after a year or two.

For now we are rating this problem with the "Beware" seal because it's occurring so soon after the 36K mile warranty expires. The upshot is when your Accord won't start, that's never good, but especially bad when it's just a few years old.

Also once again, owners are complaining that the 2014 Honda Accord seats are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable seats has been a significant complaint with the Accord since the 2008 model year.

2014 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Accord:

2014 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 132018

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving 25 mph, the driver's side air bag exploded without warning or impact. The contact sustained injuries to the head, shoulders, ribs and chest that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a tow yard and deemed destroyed. Honda of escondido in escondido, California was made aware of the failure, but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. *

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Accord 4-cyl

2014 Honda Accord. Attorney representing consumer writes in regards to airbag failure during accident.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 012014

Accord

Seatbelt been broken since I bought car. Im noticing more and more problems with this car.I believe I was sold a lemon.when passanger seat belt is fastened, light comes on notifying me that passanger air bag is not on. There is no way to make it come on. And seatbelt does not stay secured, it keeps coming unfastened.very dangerous for my passengers.I want my money back for this car, nothing but problems

- Belle Vernon, PA, USA

Dec 182017

Accord

Contact gillman Honda in houston, Texas regarding takata airbag inflators recall. I was informed by the dealerships saying such recall is not existing for my vehicle.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 202017

Accord

I was hit on the driverside door by a freight truck. The airbags did not deploy. Banged my head on the side of the door.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Apr 062017

Accord

Takata recall. I had a fender bender and the airbags did not deploy. I hit someone from the back. I was moving.

- Lavergne, TN, USA

Dec 042017

Accord

Was not notified of the airbag recall at all!

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Aug 172017

Accord

The contact owned a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact's vehicle was traveling North and was struck on the front passenger side by another vehicle. The front driver side air bag did not deploy. The front passenger side air bag deployed. There were no injuries. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent auto body shop and deemed destroyed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and the contact was informed that there were no open recalls related to the air bags. The manufacturer did not offer additional assistance. The dealer was not contacted. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 062017

Accord

I want this piece of💩 fixed once and for all, I will never buy another Honda again, I will also pass the word Honda is absolute garbage, if you know what's good for you better reply very quickly, or it won┐T be pretty, bunch of morons!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 022017

Takata recall

- Rochester, NY, USA

Oct 162017

Accord

The air bag exploded on the collision on a street and caused severe burns on her hands. Please see the pictures below. This is causing her immense pain and trauma and she is having trouble performing day to day activities. The injuries she suffered because of the airbag were more than the actual collision. This is causing her to go in depression and she is scared of the airbag, more than anything now. The car is beyond repair and is being salvaged by the insurance company.

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Sep 302017

Accord

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 25 mph, there was an abnormal noise and the passenger side air bag independently deployed without warning or impact. A police report was not filed. The contact sustained injuries to the right arm and neck, which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The vehicle was later towed to an unknown dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but did not offer any assistance. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 302017

Takata recall

- Keller, TX, USA

Jun 022017

Accord

As I made a right turn to the parking spot with my right foot on the pedal I slowed down to 2-3 mph with foot still on the brake. At about 1-2 feet from the concrete retaining wall limiting the parking spot I pressed on the brake for the final stop. Car accelerated wildly and hit the concrete retaining wall ahead. My foot had never left the brake. Air bags did not inflate. The vehicle was in motion 2-3 mph, on a parking lot. Acceleration happened when I was breaking.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Jun 062016

Accord

Takata recall:my car was hesitating when accelerating from a stop. I stopped and turned the car off only for about 5 minutes, I got back in, turned the car on and it wouldn't start. I was on a city St, so I walked to auto mechanic shop, got a jump, it started up after 5 to 10 minutes. The next day, the same thing happen. I called Honda, got someone to jump start the car, drove to Honda, left the car for 2 days. Honda called me stating that the battery was good, but the sensors were bad and needed to be replaced. They replaced the sensors, charged me $160. I picked up the car, drove it home, then 2 days later, the car died out again. I called Honda again, they told me to bring the car in. I got the car jumped in order to take it back to Honda. This time, I left the car there for 3 days. They told me this time that the battery was bad and wanted me to pay for a battery. I refused to pay for a battery, sent the manager an email in reference to the findings that they said was wrong with the vehicle because in the begining, they told me that it was nothing wrong with the battery and now I paid for the sensor and the car still cut off. Did I really need the sensors or was it the battery in the first place? they replaced the battery at no charge..

- Hazelcrest, IL, USA

Sep 122016

Accord

Air bag deployment system problem. Air bag off warning light sometimes comes on when an adult passenger is seated. This is an intermittant problem. Dealer unable to identify problem on 2 (3 hr) visits. Honda hq reports: Weight to trigger sensor is < 60lbs. Warning light that air bag is turned off may or may not mean that air bag is off and will not deploy. Light must be on when dealer checks as Honda computer does not store any error codes or conditions, advised to wait until light come on then go to dealer. I objected as passenger is at risk of life that the air bag will provide no protection in event of collision. Honda stated policy they will not replace sensor unless it fails in test at dealer ┐ that is, permanently bad, not intermittant. Honda hq agent then asked if there was anything else she/Honda could do. I said yes, replace any sensor that may cause the light to go on, and check light for faulty wiring. Response: We┐re not willing to do that. (Honda hq case # 05056884)

- Vienna, VA, USA

Jan 022016

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. While operating the vehicle, the air bag sensor remained illuminated, which indicated that the air bag was turned off. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the failure was due to the electrical system. The failure was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 36,000. Updated 05/17/16

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 022015

Accord 4-cyl

Takata recall: I want to know if my car has a defective airbag. Honda advised me that I have a takata airbag on the passenger side front. I have asked if this airbag uses the ammonium nitrate propellant - which is suspected to be the source of the problem - and they have been unwilling to tell me. I have written two letters to the president of american Honda & have had two phone responses, both of which have not answered the question. They clearly know the answer and I would like them to confirm in writing as to whether ammonium nitrate is used in the airbag in my vehicle.

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 012014

Accord

To: NHTSA I had purchased a brand new Honda Accord in March 2014 and soon after I noticed a rattling noise in the steering wheel. I took it for repair to the dealership and they took me on a test drive to hear the noise and they attempted to fix it without success. The rattling noise is not always present and it comes unpredictably therefore every time I go to the dealership they want me to drive it and replicate the noise which is sometimes not possible. I have recordings of the noise and they would not accept that to fix the car. A representative from Honda corporate office had personally told me that it is a defect and they have no resolution for it and they would notify me when their engineering figures out a fix. I hired a lemon lawyer a few months ago to help me. I am infuriated that Honda is offering me to settle by paying me "some monies for my trouble? without going to trial but they still are not willing to fix or replace this defective car. I find it unacceptable that Honda is allowing me to drive this car even though I expressed safety concerns and even worse they try to put a price tag to settle for my safety instead of acknowledging and resolving this issue. I have a trial scheduled for September 22- 23, 2015, I feel like this appointment is too far and the more I drive this car the higher risk it posses for my safety. My experience with Honda has been an appalling one so far and I want to express my frustration with the process. After Honda?S history and penalty of wrongdoing to the public I would assume that they take more aggressive measures addressing safety issues before they cause harm. I would like your assistance and involvement in this battle with Honda and trying to make them realize that they can"T just pay individuals money and brush safety issues under the carpet.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Feb 222015

Accord 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving at a low speed, another vehicle failed to yield and the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The front passenger side air bag deployed and a smokey substance emitted; however, the driver side air bag failed to deploy. The contact sustained neck, right shoulder, and arm injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was taken to an auto body shop for repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,000. Phone call 3/18/2015: There was a belted front passenger.... updated 03/19/15 updated 6/11/15 updated 6/19/2015 updated 7/16/2015........updated 12/17/15 updated 9/28/2017

- Bayville, NJ, USA