CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Tucson comes with a dual-clutch, 7-speed transmission. But Hyundai forgot to tell you about one key phrase – zero-move. That's right, an alarming number of owners have said their SUV wouldn't accelerate after a stop.

Turns out that's because the transmission's application logic has been stumbling all over itself. Hyundai recalled the issue in September 2016, but it's difficult to say if owners are out-of-the-woods, or if this is just a sign of things to come.

2016 Hyundai Tucson brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Tucson:

2016 Hyundai Tucson Owner Comments

Apr 272018

Tucson

I had been driving my 2016 Hyundai, Tucson, for over 5 hours on highway. After taking a break, and returning back to highway, my car suddenly began accelerating from my 60mph speed to over 80mph. I took my foot off gas pedal and tapped brake pedal. The brake pedal hit the floor with no resistance, as the car continued to accelerate. After successfully pulling car off highway, I applied emergency brake to stop car. After having it towed to nearest Hyundai dealer, they were unable to duplicate problem, and told me there was nothing wrong. The car is routinely in for service.

- Niagara Falls, PA, USA

Apr 012017

Tucson

Called Hyundai corporate office via cell auto svcs! asked for request service now!!! w/come in and request a date for set quickly but cannot get a tow to bring the car to services! reasons: Hyundai passenger left side won't move! RPM was very high. Roder wheel when backing up showed a large sound.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 122016

Tucson

We purchased a 2016 Tucson limited on black Friday of 2016. This vehicle was equipped with the autonomous emergency braking (aeb) safety option, as is advertised and demonstrated on the Hyundai website with video. We experienced a minor front-end collision at approximately 8-10 mph while merging into traffic at a yield from highway exit ramp. Based on the advertised function and video, should have been prevented by the aeb. Subsequent to this collision, we began seeing intermittent warning notifications to clean the front radar even though there was no dirt or any obstruction. These messages would spontaneously clear after approximately 30-60 seconds. We took the vehicle to the dealership to be evaluated. The vehicle was with the dealership for almost two weeks and after extensive testing - which included multiple road tests, multiple simulated obstruction detection, a pedestrian challenge by the service manager, literature reviews, and an onsite evaluation from Hyundai engineering and after all of these evaluations, the service department was also unable to trigger the aeb under any conditions although the electronic scan indicates that the radar is operative. They have returned the vehicle to us with the statement that it is functioning as intended. The aeb is not demonstrably functioning, regardless of radar operation.

- Franklin, MA, USA