- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 12 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- February 24: Nissan Sunroof Exploded Like a Shotgun Blast: Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 37 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Starter Assembly Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 11,900 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.