- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 5 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 21 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 30 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 49 days ago
2003 Nissan Altima
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
2003 Nissan Altima Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Precatalytic Converter Scored Cylinders & Sucks Oil8
- CES Light Is On3
- Cataylitic Converter Ruined Engine2
- Exhaust System Rusted Out1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System40
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.