- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 13 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 15 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 27 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 75 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 75 days ago
2003 Nissan Altima
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2003 Altima fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine not revving when accelerator pressed1
- poor acceleration1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System12
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly4
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump3
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly: ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Storage: Fuel Gauge System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.