- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 7 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 16 days ago
Floor Pan Rusted Through
2005 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 64 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- cut out the rusted metal, replace and paint (17 reports)
- needs to repair (9 reports)
- repair floor pan (9 reports)
- replace the floor pans totally (7 reports)
body / paint problem