- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 1 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 4 days ago
- August 13: Nissan Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 8 days ago
- August 4: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Expanded investigations | 17 days ago
Floor Pan Rusted Through
2005 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 64 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- cut out the rusted metal, replace and paint (17 reports)
- needs to repair (9 reports)
- repair floor pan (9 reports)
- replace the floor pans totally (7 reports)
body / paint problem