- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 4 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 23 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 34 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 35 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 53,775 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.