- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 20 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 24 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 37,916 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.