- December 1: Nissan Rogue Recall Announced Over Fire Risk From Connectors recalls | 4 days ago
- November 30: Nissan Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 5 days ago
- November 26: Nissan Rogue CVT Issues Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- November 24: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Titan XD Turbo Actuator Warranty Extended news | 14 days ago
Anti Theft Lock Out
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 156,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace electronic steering column lock (4 reports)
- reprogram or remove fuse (1 reports)