- December 1: Nissan Recalls Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed Trucks recalls | 5 days ago
- November 29: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Says Airbags Suddenly Deploy news | 7 days ago
- November 6: Nissan Rogue Hybrids Recalled For Stalled Engines recalls | 30 days ago
- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 54 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 60 days ago
Anti Theft Lock Out
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 156,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace electronic steering column lock (4 reports)
- reprogram or remove fuse (1 reports)