- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 18 days ago
- August 10: Nissan Rogue Automatic Braking Problems: 1,400 Complaints news | 43 days ago
- July 22: Recall: Nissan LEAF Backup Camera Not Working recalls | 62 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 76 days ago
- July 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 79 days ago
Anti Theft Lock Out
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 134,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace electronic steering column lock (2 reports)
- reprogram or remove fuse (1 reports)