- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 1 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 9 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 20 days ago
- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 38 days ago
NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.