- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 3 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 16 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 55 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 62 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 65 days ago
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Toyota service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Toyota customer service.
2014 Toyota Avalon Hybrid FORWARD COLLISION AVOIDANCE: CRASH IMMINENT BRAKING NHTSA Campaign #15V728000
Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Avalon and Avalon Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 19, 2012 to October 27, 2015 and 2013-2015 Lexus ES350 and ES300h vehicles manufactured June 18, 2012 to July 6, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with a Pre-Collision System (PCS) as optional equipment. In these vehicles, the PCS may unexpectedly activate and apply the brakes when the radar detects a steel joint or plate in the roadway as an object.
Consequence: A vehicle that unexpectedly brakes increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace certain PCS components, free of charge. The recall began on July 28, 2016. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's numbers for this campaign are F1V and F2E. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V728000 »