- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 0 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 13 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 52 days ago
- July 25: Toyota Sienna Sliding Door Lawsuit Says Systems Are Defective news | 59 days ago
- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 62 days ago
1997 Toyota Previa
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 1997 Toyota Previa
Official recalls have been issued for the 1997 Toyota Previa by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Toyota service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Toyota customer service.
1997 Toyota Previa POWER TRAIN:DRIVELINE:DIFFERENTIAL UNIT NHTSA Campaign #97V056000
Summary: Due to a clearance between the oil separator plate and the differential housing of the front differential unit, oil leakage at the air breather plug can occur, when the vehicle is operated continuously above 75 miles per hour.
Consequence: Oil leakage will result in a sufficiently low oil supply to cause bearing damage to the front differential unit leading to eventual seizure of the unit increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: Dealers will install a modified air breather plug to prevent such oil loss. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #97V056000 »