- October 9: State Lawsuits Against VW Don't Look Good news | 8 days ago
- October 9: Volkswagen and Canada Apparently Not Getting Along news | 8 days ago
- October 4: Volkswagen Recalls Older Touaregs Over Gas Leak Concerns recalls | 13 days ago
- September 25: Volkswagen Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Says Glass Injures People news | 22 days ago
- September 13: Study Says Bosch Created Illegal Emissions Software news | 34 days ago
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Volkswagen service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Volkswagen customer service.
2016 Volkswagen Tiguan LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES NHTSA Campaign #16V464000
Summary: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2016 CC vehicles manufactured January 12, 2016, to February 3, 2016, Golf R and Tiguan vehicles manufactured November 25, 2015, to January 28, 2016, and e-Golf vehicles manufactured November 25, 2015, to January 11, 2016. Vibrations, such as those created by opening and closing a vehicle door, may cause the rear child door locks to disengage, allowing a child to open a rear door while inside the vehicle.
Consequence: If an unrestrained child unexpectedly opens a door, they may fall from the vehicle increasing their risk of injury.
Actions: Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, and if necessary, replace the child lock(s), free of charge. The recall began on August 22, 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 58C9. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V464000 »